Pukehina Ratepayers and Residents Association information
Kia ora! We are an organisation made up of Pukehina community members, working together to promote and advance the interests and welfare of Ratepayers and Residents of Pukehina Beach.
Together we are working to build a thriving, safe and resilient beach community.
- To promote a safe and friendly Community that cares for the special environment and character of Pukehina Beach
- To promote awareness and discussion on matters of interest to the Pukehina Community
- To represent the views of ratepayers and residents of our local council
- To manage and use Association funds to carry out the objectives and any other relevant projects or tasks.
- To encourage ratepayers to become financial members of the Association and participate in activities.
- To assist with the development and provision of excellent community facilities for everyone to enjoy
The annual cost of membership is small and we are working towards positive outcomes for all ratepayers and residents. More supporting members will result in more funds to use for the benefit of Pukehina and a greater community voice. Consider joining now!
How we operate
Statutory requirements & Role Descriptions (PDF file 517kb)
2019 PRRA Committee
Chairman: Richard Glover
Secretary: Judie McEnallay
Treasurer: Trudi Ballantyne
Committee: Leanne Armstrong, Neil Carter, Brodie Cummins, Esther Kirk, Paora Maxwell, John McEnallay. All positions are voluntary.
Members are elected at the annual AGM or can be co-opted during the year.
The committee meets on the second Monday of each month, 7.00 p.m, Pukehina Community Hall. We discuss current projects and matters relating to the objectives or matters arising. We have strategic focus areas with project leaders taking responsibility for each area. Minutes are displayed on the Members’ page and if you wish to attend please inform the secretary. Email contact: email@example.com.
Project Areas for 2019:
These strategic areas are current focuses for the Committee. If you have an interest or skills to contribute towards any of these project areas please get in touch!
- Coast Care – dune planting, erosion mitigation
- Estuary Care – water quality, erosion, boat ramp repair and cycleway
- Parks and Reserves – Midway Park community hub development
- Safety & Security –Security cameras, Community Patrol Car
Submissions/Representations: detailed on members page
Local Body Representatives
Pukehina is in the Western Bay of Plenty Council District. We currently have two ward members; Kevin Marsh and John Scrimgeour who are actively involved with the association, representing us competently.