Local services and contacts
Internet Options at Pukehina Beach
TUANZ exists to help you be connected, keep you informed and to represent you – the user. We don’t represent an industry, we represent the users of digital and connectivity services. tuan.org.nz
WHAT SPEED IS MY CURRENT BROADBAND?
There’s a number of sites that you can use to see what speed you are experiencing. Remember though, they measure from your device through to their servers so can be very dependant on things like the quality of your wifi router, the access network and also the network of your retail provider. BUT if you think the speed you are getting is slower than you think it should be, your first port of call is ALWAYS to log a fault with your service provider and get them to check.
• The Broadband Compare website was recently launched and gives you a list of plans available from providers using your address. Their aim is to show you the best plan available to you.
• Glimp is a second independent site, launched earlier in 2016 that also uses your address to show what plans are available that suit you based on various criteria.
• If you want to compare providers on some of the more technical issues then click over to this site (ispspotlight.nz) hosted by our friends over at InternetNZ shines light on whether ISPs are doing the things such as using IPV6, how often they give your information.
Neighbourhood Support is a not-for-profit, community based crime prevention program, aiming to make our homes, streets, neighbourhoods and communities a safer and more caring place to live.
- fostering contact
- understanding and friendless between neighbours and the community
- reducing the incidence and effects of criminal offending
- building community resilience
- strengthening community networks to improve the quality of life.
Attentive neighbours along with the visible deterrents of street signs and window / letterbox stickers, sends a strong signal ito prospective burglars that there is a higher chance of being caught.
Being part of Neighbourhood Support means you have access to many resources to help you make informed decisions around safety and security.
Your Neighbourhood Support Coordinator for Pukehina Beach is Denise Donald: firstname.lastname@example.org We currently have 28 sectors operating in Pukehina Beach, each with a team leader.
- Do you know who your team leader is? Contact Denise at email@example.com and to find out
- Report ALL incidents or suspicious activities ASAP
- Dial 111 for all emergencies
- Dial *555 to report traffic incidents via mobile phone
- Teawa Anderson is our Community Constable based at Te Puke Police station 07 5730500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Providing your details to your designated sector leader helps keep you, your property and the wider community a safer place to live in: Name, Address, Mobile number, Landline number, Email contact